OutKick founder and Fox Sports Radio host Clay Travis called the decision “simply pathetic” before blasting it in a series of tweets.
“This is the worst decision baseball has made since the  strike,” Travis wrote. “You need an ID to pick up tickets to attend a baseball game. Or to get a beer inside once you’re there. But MLB is moving the all star game because you need an ID to vote? This is pure insanity.”
MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred made the announcement just one day after the 2021 season began following mounting pressure from liberals to move the game and Major League Baseball’s amateur draft in response to Republican-backed election reform legislation recently signed by Gov. Brian Kemp.
“Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and the Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views,” Manfred said. “I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year’s All-Star Game and MLB Draft.”
“Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box,” he continued. “Fair access to voting continues to have our game’s unwavering support.”
President Biden said in an interview with ESPN this week that he would “strongly support” the July 13 game being relocated in response to the law that he called “Jim Crow on steroids.”